Rainbow Mountain Hike
Cusco - Peru
Per person (Tour Group)
2 Persons minimum (Private Tour)
Hided on the deep of the Peruvian Andes in Cusco, is found one the latest popular destination visited and photographed by thousand of tourists of the worldwide, to visit this natural wonder is necessary to take a tour known as ”Rainbow mountain” full day tour – from Cusco, to reach to this amazing place, you will pass first through many historical villages like Checacupe, Cusipata, Pitumarca little know for the tourists, but important and known in the Peruvian history, because they were part in revolution of Tupac Amaru II, the last Inca descendant agains the spaniards in the century XVII.
This tour also let take a glance to the visitor of the biggest snow mountain that surround Cusco – Machu Picchu called Ausangate 20,944ft/6,384m and observe in their own habitad Llamas, Alpacas and interact with the native people, and be surprised for their traditional and colorful cloth before to return to Cusco.
Winicunca mountain known as the Rainbow Mountian.
- Transportation round trip from Cusco – Quesiuno – Cusco.
- Spanish / English speaking guide.
- Entrance ticket to Rainbow Mountain (Private Tour).
- Private transportation (Private Tour).
- Breakfast and lunch.
- Water and snack
- Tips – Guide, driver.
- Personal riding horse.
- 4:30 – 4:40 am: You and your guide will meet at the lobby of your hotel/ hostel, after of a brief and fast check of the things you will need to bring for the hike, like sunblock, jacket, Passport, etc. All of you will take you private transport to head in a trip of 3 hours and half to the trailhead called Quesiuno 13,828 ft / 42015m. The trip toward the starting point of this hike Rainbow Mountain Cusco goes through many small Quechua speaking villages and abundant corn and potatoes plantations. Along of our trip through the Andean landscapes we will stop in Cusipata to take the breakfast to then go on with our travel to Quesiuno.
- 7:15 – 7:30 am: Once we have finished the breakfast, the car will ascent gradually toward Quesiuno, through many small villages, colorful Andean landscapes, houses made of stone. As long the trip will continue deep in the mountain will be possible to see local people wearing their nice colorful traditional clothing, as well as the presence of llamas and alpacas will be more frecuente along the trip, and in some parts will be possible to interact with these native animal on its own habitad.
- 8:40 – 9:00 am: Not without before having visited the bathroom, have prepared the walking poles, have prepared the water, sunblock, camera, and listened the recommendation of the guide it will be time to start the trek over 13,883ft/4,231m, the hike will last for about 2:30 to 3:00 hrs until reach the oficial point known as the “lookout of the Rainbow mountain 16,381ft/4,992m”. the key to reach this spot is go slow, light backpack, some snacks, Sunblock, water, sun hat.
- 11:30 – 12:00 pm: Once in the rainbow mountain lookout will be possible to observe the two valleys that surround this beautiful spot, as well as the top of the Rainbow mountain which has a elevation of 17,060ft/5,200m. from here the view offers the possibility to observe part of the red valley and the chain of snow mountain that surround this awesome place. The rainbow mountain is protected for the local security during the busiest hours during the day, the access to the rainbow mountain is completely forbidden to any person be it local or tourist for preservation reasons. just in case.
- 1:00 – 1:15 pm: The location of this lookout it’s an inspiring place perfect to observe this wonder, seat, relax, take breath and recharge energies to go back. Sometimes there is hot coca tea is available to buy for a Sol to accompany this moment. After have explored all this spot and having taken the pics for your memories and INSTAGRAM it will be time to go back to ” Quesiuno”. Where our driver will be waiting to take us to lunch and then Cusco. The estimate time of descent to Quesiuno from the Rainbow mountain will be 1:30/2:00 hrs.
- 2:30 – 2:40 pm: Once in Quesiuno, the trip back to Cusco will be around 3 and half hours, not without passed before for a lunch.The first option to stop for lunch will be the Cusipata village, that offers more restaurants as well options for lunch. But the trip to the rainbow mountain can turn more interesting if you decide it, because the road in the way to Cusco pass through TYPON know as popular destination to eat and taste the traditional dish of the Cusco region called CUY AL HORNO (guinea pig) which is seasoned with a variety of local spices such as black mint, garlic, salt and others and cook with wood fire in clay oven. The Lunch in any of these places Cusipata – Typon will be for an hour and then Cusco.
- 3:30 pm: After lunch is time to head to Cusco, the route to follow from Cusipata to Cusco will be the same highway that join Cusco and Puno (Titicaca lake). This road are surround by many small interesting and historical villages, like Andahuaylillas, Pikillaccta, Huasao (shamans lands) and lakes like Urcos and Huacarpay. The trip back to Cusco offers a lot to see, known and learn about the southeast of Cusco valley, known since memorable times as the (Huatanay valley). The trip back to Cusco is so interesting 1:30hrs that before you realize you already will be in Cusco.
- 18:00- 18:15 pm: This is the estimate arrival time to Cusco, for us and all to rainbow mountain hikers. If we are not yet on the city that means that we stoped in some places to enjoy along the trip back to Cusco.
(Private Tour) Once in Cusco the transportation and guide will drop you off on your hotel/hostel. Is here when the work of your guide and driver will finish.
Price Tour in Group:
- $75 USD Per person – (Available every day of the year).
Price Private Tour:
- $100 USD – 2 Persons required (Available all year)
- 2 + Persons – Check with our representative.. email@example.com
What you need to take for the rainbow mountain trek? (ITTC)
- Waterproof Jacket or rain poncho / September – April.
- Walking boots.
- Sunblock, Wool hat, Sun hat, suun glasses, gloves.
- Waking pools.
- Snacks & Water.
- Toilet paper + Hand sanitizer.
- Extra money $100 USD – S/300 soles -(Local currency).
- Additional batteries (Photo camera).